Need help getting started with Play, Look and Listen? Click here.
Get Play, Look and Listen
Introducing Play, Look and Listen 4.5 with an All-New Look Plus An Update on Google Reader Support
Posted Apr 1, 2013, 8:46 PM by Paul BarnettGoogle Reader might be going away, but Play, Look and Listen is not. In fact, it will be better than ever.New version 4.5 brings and all-new interface with exciting new features:
Version 4.5 will be available very soon for those who have purchased the app on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and iPad Mini.Users of the free version will have to wait a bit longer. For users of the free version, some features may require an additional in-app purchase. Additional versions for other platforms are coming soon.
- The new "Now Playing" panel is accessible from any screen in the application. From here you can control playback, volume, AirPlay, playback speed and jump back to the detail screen for the episode.
- Better AirPlay support. You can now manage AirPlay from within the app.
- Support for playing video using AirPlay while still managing your podcasts.
- Change the look-and-feel of the application to fit your mood. Current themes include a variety of colors as well as inverse/high-contrast and 'classic' black-and-gray.
- All new icons and startup screen.
- Smoother application launch including going directly to your subscription list if you're already authenticated.
- A new simplified status indicator in the upper right corner of the subscription list shows when downloads are active, paused or waiting for WiFi or if all downloads are completed.
- New pull-down-to-refresh your subscription list.
- When looking at episode lists that contain episodes from multiple podcasts, the icon for the podcast is displayed next to the name.
- New layout for the 'episode detail' screen includes support for extra-long episode titles, including the ability to scroll extra-extra long titles, a new giant "play" button that starts or resumes playback, a new summary that shows if the episode is downloaded or streaming as well as the percentage complete and time remaining along with a new button for viewing episode notes and links provided as part of the feed in a full-screen browser window.
- If you don't want to always play videos full screen but want to play multiple episodes full-screen, playback will remember the last mode independent of your app setting (iPad only).
- Set the volume and playback rate for video and audio podcasts independently and we'll remember them for new sessions.
- New setting to let you choose your sync service. Currently, only Google Reader is displayed but additional services will be enabled before Google Reader shuts down.
Create Stop-Motion Animation With "StoMo" for iOS
Posted Aug 13, 2011, 6:17 PM by Paul BarnettOur third application, "StoMo" is now available for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices with at least one camera. With StoMo, you can create stop-motion animations/movies with a simple interface. Features include:
- Simple interface allows you to rapidly capture images and organize them into scenes and projects
- Easily align the next frame with the previous one using the preview window
- Support for rear and front cameras on supported devices
- Reorder and delete individual frames
- Adjust frames per second
- Export your movie in MP4 format suitable for uploading to online services.
- Universal application supports iPad and iPad 2.
We intend to release optional premium feature packs that will provide additional functionality such as:
- Removal of ads
- Camera brightness and flash controls for supported devices
- Rapid and timed capture modes
Take a Break from Podcasts with a Free Game for iOS and Windows Phone 7
Posted Jun 11, 2011, 7:22 PM by Paul BarnettOur second application (and first game), "Art Gallery" is now available for iOS and Windows Phone 7. Art Gallery is a simple shooting gallery game with a few twists:
- Tilt your device or use the on-screen controls to move from side to side and tap the screen to fire at the targets.
- If you have music on your device, the targets will be the artwork for random albums in your collection.
- Sixteen game modes have you shooting at invisible targets, avoiding specially marked targets, holding your screen to stop uncontrolled shooting and more.
- Compare scores with your friends with online leaderboards (iOS only currently. Support for leaderboards on Windows Phone 7 is coming soon).
- Did we mention this game is completely free?
Showing posts 1 - 3 of 18. View more »
Play, Look and Listen for Android